Scrumptious Country Ham Cheese Spread is a bit salty, a bit creamy – and comes together quickly with only 4 ingredients! You can substitute other forms of cooked ham, finely chopped for the country ham.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup ground cooked country ham (see Note below)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (can also use green onions)
- Using a fork, mix together all ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper (may not need any salt, depending on the saltiness of your ham). Refrigerate for a few hours to let the flavors blend. Serve with crackers.
Note on country ham: I throw the leftover pieces from the country ham in the food processor and chop it into fine bits. In addition to this dish, the ground ham is great in salads, omelets – any dish where you might add cooked bacon bits.
Make ahead: spread can be made up to 3 days ahead, covered and refrigerated.
Variation: To turn this spread into a one-bite appetizer, serve spoonfuls inside my Poppy Seed Puffs (recipe in my cookbook “Fresh Tastes”).