Butter-Brown Sugar Filling
- 1/2 cup salted butter, extremely soft but not melted
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups pastry flour (or 1 cup all-purpose flour and 1 cup cake flour), plus more for rolling
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk powder (optional)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 3/4 cup toasted finely chopped pecans
- 2 (tennis ball size) peeled and thinly (1/8-inch) sliced fresh peaches – around 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered (Confectioners) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 9 by 9-inch square or 9-inch round baking dish (cake or pie pan will work).
Butter-Brown Sugar Filling
- In a small mixing bowl, using a fork mash butter to form a paste. Mix in sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, buttermilk powder (if using), baking powder and salt. Stir in milk just until combined.
- Turn dough onto a clean, well-floured surface and knead just until it comes together. Roll into an 8 by 14-inch rectangle.
Assembly and Baking
- Spread butter-brown sugar mixture evenly over top of dough, leaving a small (1/4-inch) border around the edges. Sprinkle toasted pecans evenly over top; gently push down on nuts with your hand to adhere.
- With a long side of the dough toward you, arrange peach slices on top of nuts in rows horizontally, starting on the side closest to you. Leave 1/2-inch border on the top.
- Roll up dough as tight as possible, starting with a long (14”) side closest to you. End with the seam side down.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, gently cut crosswise (using a back and forth motion) into 1 to 1 1/4-inch wide rolls. Place rolls, cut side down, in prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- While the rolls are baking, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar until well mixed and there are no lumps. Beat in cream and vanilla.
- When rolls are done, remove from oven and let cool 3 to 5 minutes in pan. Run a knife around the edge of the rolls. Place a cooling rack (or serving platter) on top of pan; invert pan and let rolls drop out. Cool for at least another 2 to 3 minutes before spreading glaze on top.
Make ahead: Rolls can be prepared but not baked up to 24 hours ahead. Bring to room temperature before baking. Make the glaze while they are baking.
High altitude: If using buttermilk powder, no adjustments are necessary. If not, reduce the baking powder by 1/4 teaspoon.
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch, Pastries
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Peaches, rolls, cinnamon