Robert decided he wanted to make burgers for dinner last night. We particularly like buffalo burgers made with Bear Mountain Bison ground meat – which comes from our friends Anne and John Draper’s ranch of the same name. I decided to make my favorite french fry recipe to go with the burgers – Sweet Potato Fries. The Garlic Aoili I created to go with these fries is also delicious on the burgers! This recipe is a snap to make if you use frozen sweet potato fries; you can also make it with fresh peeled and sliced potatoes, just decrease the cooking time a bit.
(Note: the aioli is a slight modification from the lemon-garlic aioli in A Well-Seasoned Kitchen – this one has less lemon juice, which blends better with these fries.)Print
Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Aioli
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Sweet Potato Fries:
- 1 bag (15 ounce) of frozen sweet potato fries, unthawed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (can substitute Italian parsley)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place frozen fries on a large, rimmed cookie sheet. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the oil, curry powder, cumin and onion salt. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over the fries and toss to coat. Bake for around 20 minutes, stirring once or twice, until crispy and lightly browned. Serve hot with the Garlic Aioli.