Super quick and easy to prepare, Crustless Southwestern Chicken Pie is perfect for busy day dinner. It’s a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken or turkey, and can be easily made gluten free, too (see Note below).
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 1 cup fresh corn (can also use thawed frozen)
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk (skim, 2% or whole)
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together chicken, corn and chiles. Season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly in bottom of prepared dish.
- In the same mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder just until combined; do not overmix. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over top of chicken mixture. Poke with a fork in several places to allow the egg mixture to soak in.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is set and lightly browned. Sprinkle with cheese and bake until cheese melts, around another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream (or yogurt) and cilantro on the side.
Gluten free: use gluten free flour mix.