Grilled Chicken with Tomatoes and Goat Cheese is a quick and easy midweek meal that is perfect for both everyday and entertaining!
This 5-ingredient Grilled Chicken with Tomatoes and Goat Cheese is one of my favorite go-to dishes on busy days, because in around 30 minutes I can have an impressive and scrumptious dinner on the table.
While I think it’s best to make this dish in the summer when fresh tomatoes are plentiful and at the peak of their flavor, I’ve found it’s also good at other times of the year, too. Why, you ask? Because you make it with smaller – grape or cherry – tomatoes, as I find they tend to be flavorful year-round.
In this dish, the tomatoes are tossed with kosher salt and left to sit, to draw out some of their moisture. Instead of throwing out the tomato juices, you combine them with the goat cheese, amping up the tomato flavor. Chicken breasts are grilled, then served with the tomato-goat cheese mixture on top. How easy is that?
It’s so easy, I even like to make this recipe while camping in our airstream trailer!
Pin this recipe now to save for later –
- 1 cup yellow grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup red grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces mild goat cheese (flavored works well) crumbles, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, butterflied and halved if thick
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Put the tomatoes in a colander set over a medium mixing bowl. Toss with the sea salt and let stand for at least 20 minutes to release the juices.
- Remove and set aside the colander; into the collected juice from the tomatoes, whisk half the goat cheese and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until smooth. Fold in the tomatoes and remaining goat cheese. Season with freshly ground pepper.
- Brush the chicken breasts with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil on high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Serve with the tomato-goat cheese mixture on top.
- Category: Poultry, main dish, gluten free, easy entertaining