- 5 ounces (about 2/3 cup) good quality vodka
- Splash to 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Cointreau, or other orange flavored liqueur. Can also use ginger liqueur
- Lemon twist – see directions in Notes section
- Fill martini or coupe glasses with ice water to quickly chill; let stand 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and dry.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes (large cubes won’t melt as quickly as small cubes in the spirits and/or liqueur).
- Add vodka and Cointreau and shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Pour through a cocktail strainer into a chilled martini glass.
- Rub a lemon twist around the rim of the glass, then drop it into the martini.
How to make a lemon twist: . Using a vegetable peeler, start near one of a lemon pole and shave downward to get a wide strip of lemon peel. Try to get as little of the white part (the “pith”) as possible, as it’s bitter. Cut vertically into smaller (1/8-inch thick) pieces.
- Category: cocktails, quick and easy, make ahead
- Method: shaken
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 glassful
- Calories: 438
- Sugar: 12.5 g
- Sodium: 2.9 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.5 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: martini, cocktails, lemon, vodka