My Red Carpet Martini is elegant, colorful, delicious – and perfect for Oscar night viewing!
Vodka is my liquor of choice when treating myself to a cocktail. I am especially fond of a good martini, and for the most part I like my martinis very dry – just vodka and maybe a drop of Cointreau, shaken with ice. Occasionally, for special occasions, I like to treat myself to a fancier version, adding in some fruit juices.
One year when I was hosting an Academy Awards viewing party, I decided to create an Oscar themed cocktail, and this Red Carpet Martini was born. To my martini base of vodka and Cointreau I added fresh lime juice and pomegranate juice. The result is a fresh, fruity, not to sweet, super scrumptious cocktail that all my guests loved!
Pin it now to save for later –
Red Carpet Martini
My Red Carpet Martini is elegant, colorful, delicious – and perfect for Oscar night viewing! It’s also easy to prepare, calling for only 4 ingredients.
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: cocktails, gluten free, easy entertaining
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (1 3/4 ounces) really good vodka
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) Cointreau
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) freshly squeezed lime juice (or 1/4 oz fresh lime juice and 1/4 oz. fresh lemon juice)
- Slice or wedge of lime, for garnish
- Chill martini glasses quickly by filling them with ice water and letting them sit for a minute.
- Fill a martini shaker with ice. Add all ingredients. Shake well.
- Pour through a cocktail strainer into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a slice or wedge of lime.