Quesadillas are an excellent way to use up leftovers – like these scrumptious Leftover Pork Quesadillas.
One night when my husband Robert and I were camping in our Airstream trailer, I created these super quick and easy Leftover Pork Quesadillas for our dinner. We had arrived late at our campsite (just outside Cincinnati – read about our traveling adventures on that trip here) and didn’t finish setting up until after 7 pm, so I wanted a meal that didn’t take much time or effort to put together. Quesadillas seemed like the perfect idea.
I had some leftover pork and cooked sausage, so I chopped it up and combined it together with some sautéed peppers, onion, Mexican seasoning and lots of cheese. I then stuff this delectable mixture inside flour tortillas and sautéed them until the cheese was melted and they were golden brown on the outside. I served them with some salsa, sour cream and chopped avocado. So easy, so delicious!
Crispy on the outside, full of flavor on the inside, these Leftover Quesadillas will be your new go-to for creatively using up leftovers. You can use just about any protein – pork, steak, chicken, shrimp, etc. I’ve even used chopped vegetables!
Note: I have prepared these pork quesadillas several times, and I recommend serving them with our Tomato-Mango Salsa.
Pin it now to save for later!
Leftover Pork Quesadillas
Quesadillas are an excellent way to use up leftovers – like these scrumptious Leftover Pork Quesadillas. Cooked pork is combined with sausage, peppers, onion, seasonings and lots of cheese then stuffed inside flour tortillas and sautéed. Crispy on the outside, full of flavor on the inside. You can use just about any leftovers – pork, steak, chicken, shrimp, even chopped vegetables!
- Yield: 2 servings (can easily be doubled or tripled) 1x
- Category: main dish, leftovers, quick and easy
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Mexican seasoning
- 2 cooked pork loin chops (around 1/2-inch thick), chopped
- 2 cooked small breakfast turkey sausages (like Jimmy Dean), chopped
- 2 8-inch flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, or more to taste
- Greek yogurt or sour cream, for garnish
- Tomato-Mango Salsa, or purchased, for garnish
- Chopped avocado, for garnish
- Chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Spray a large skillet with grapeseed or olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onion and green pepper; sprinkle with Mexican seasoning and cook until soft.
- Stir in the chopped cooked pork and turkey sausage and continue cooking just until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the filling between the two flour tortillas and sprinkle the shredded Cheddar cheese on top of the filling. Fold the tortillas in half around the filling, and spray (or brush) the outside of the tortillas with olive oil.
- Reheat the same large skillet (no need to clean it out) over medium heat. Add the stuffed tortillas side-by-side and cook until until lightly browned on the bottom, then flip them over and cook until lightly browned on the other side.
- Cut each tortilla in half and serve with any or all of the recommended garnishes.