Discover a collection of more exclusive recipes in both of Lee's books,
A Well-Seasoned Kitchen and Fresh Tastes. Order Now
When mom first gave me this recipe, my initial reaction was that it was too simple – was I ever wrong! This salad is simple and, as a result, it is the perfect complement to a more complex entrée. And, it is delicious!
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ⅔ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1½ pounds baby spinach, rinsed, stems removed, torn into bite-size pieces
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, nutmeg, lemon zest and tarragon. Stir in the pine nuts, cover, and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, or up to one day. Toss with spinach; season to taste with salt and pepper.