Grilled Corn, Zucchini and Tomato Salad is a fun, fresh side dish that’s perfect for end-of-summer!
I love August, because our gardens, farmer’s markets – even grocery stores – are overflowing with fresh, scrumptious produce. Juicy, vibrant red tomatoes are everywhere you turn. Bins are overflowing with large and small squash, both dark green (zucchini) and bright yellow. And the corn! We are lucky in Colorado to get fabulous, super sweet corn this time of year, from Olathe, Colorado.
The other day, I had a refrigerator overflowing with all of these fresh delicacies and decided to create a simple dish that would allow these amazing flavors to flourish. This quick and easy recipe for Grilled Corn, Zucchini and Tomato Salad was the result. Robert (and I) love it!
Grilling the corn and the zucchini brings out both of their natural sweetness and adds a bit of smoky flavor. And let’s face it, those grill marks on them look good! So easy, so fresh, so colorful, so yummy . . .
Pin it now to save for later:
Grilled Corn, Zucchini and Tomato Salad
Grilled Corn, Zucchini and Tomato Salad is a quick and easy, fresh side dish that’s perfect for end-of-summer! Grilling the corn and the zucchini brings out both of their natural sweetness and adds a bit of smoky flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: side dishes, vegetable salad, gluten free
1 large ear corn, husked
1 large zucchini, cut into long quarters lengthwise (can also use 1 small zucchini and 1 small yellow squash)
Extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt, to taste
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 heaping cup grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half (or quarters if large)
1/2 large red onion, chopped
1/2 fresh lime, optional
- Heat grill to high.
- Brush corn and zucchini with olive oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reduce grill heat to medium. Brush grill racks with oil. Grill corn and zucchini until nicely marked from the grill. Remove from heat.
- Cut zucchini into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a medium serving bowl.
- Cut kernels off of the corn cob and add to zucchini. Add red onion and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a squeeze of lime, if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Make ahead: salad can be prepared without the tomatoes earlier in the day, covered and held at room temperature. Stir in tomatoes just before serving.