- 1 large ear corn, husked
- 1 large zucchini, cut into long quarters lengthwise (can also use 1 small zucchini and 1 small yellow squash)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 heaping cup grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half (or quarters if large)
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1/2 fresh lime, optional
- Heat grill to high.
- Brush corn and zucchini with olive oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reduce grill heat to medium. Brush grill racks with oil. Grill corn and zucchini until nicely marked from the grill. Remove from heat.
- Cut zucchini into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a medium serving bowl.
- Cut kernels off of the corn cob and add to zucchini. Add red onion and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a squeeze of lime, if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Make ahead: salad can be prepared without the tomatoes earlier in the day, covered and held at room temperature. Stir in tomatoes just before serving.
- Category: vegetable salad, picnics, pot lucks, BBQs
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American