This recipe has been a family favorite for years. We love to serve these rolls as part of our Christmas breakfast. We make them the night before leaving more time for present opening Christmas morning!
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 18 – 19 frozen, unbaked bread rolls (do not thaw)
- 1 package (3½ oz.) dry butterscotch pudding
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- Butter a 12-inch Bundt pan. Sprinkle bottom of pan evenly with chopped pecans. Place bread rolls in pan, touching and filling the bottom first, then layering on top. Sprinkle pudding evenly over top of rolls. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat, then stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Pour butter mixture evenly over bread rolls and pudding mixture. Leave out, uncovered (do not refrigerate), overnight. (Dough will rise over the top of the pan.)
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake rolls for 25 to 35 minutes. Put a cookie sheet on the rack under the pan to catch any drippings. Remove from heat and let cool slightly in the pan. When ready to serve, place a serving plate over the top of the Bundt pan and, holding the plate and pan together, flip them over so the plate is on the bottom and remove the Bundt pan. The rolls hold together like a coffee cake and are topped with yummy caramel sauce and pecans. Pull the rolls apart with your hands as you serve them.